To think that 6 weeks ago I was told I have preeclampsia is crazy. At that point (29 weeks) my goal was to make it to 32... then to 34... now we want to make it to 37. I'm so thankful to be in the position I am. I continue to feel good and therefore am very optimistic. My doctor isn't always as optimistic, but we'll just keep plugging away! We just had another "growth" ultrasound this morning. The ultrasound measurements guessed the baby to be 7lbs, 4 oz. but she was confident that even with the margin of error... the baby is at least 6 1/2 lbs. BIG BABY! Since I might go early, we're thankful for a big healthy baby who likes to kick. The technician even saw the baby practicing breathing... another good sign!
Please continue to pray wisdom and discernment. Sometimes I almost feel like there are too many voices to listen to. Everyone has different ideas of what is best. I'm mostly referring to the fact that my doctor wants to induce me 2/3 weeks early. Of course I want to be smart and avoid the complications of severe preeclampsia developing if possible, however I also want those little lungs to develop as much as possible.
Pray for peace and that God's exact plan to be executed. The good news is he already has it all planned out and knows exactly what will happen, when it will happen, and how it will happen. Not I just have to learn to shift out of my "control-freak" state and let Him take care of the situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good morning Kayla,
ReplyDeleteI am going to miss checking your web site each morning. Any chance you might keep it going after baby Marty arrives?
How about names? do you have them picked out or at least a short list?
You are in our prayers, ED