Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Eye Brow Wax... Bad Idea...

OK... so I'm not a big 'primper,' but Matt insisted that I go get a pedicure yesterday. Very sweet of him to try to treat me a few days before the big day. I went all out and decided to get my eye brows waxed, too. That was where I made the mistake....

So fast-forwarding to today, I went in for my usual monitor at the perinatal center. My blood pressure was a little high (surprise, surprise) but my nurse - whom I've grown to love - thought my eyes were a little puffy. The combination of getting my eye brows waxed and having a few "OH-MY-GOSH-I'M-ALMOST-A-MOM-FOR-REAL" moments where tears were shed, did make my eyes a little puffy. I tried to explain, but my wonderful nurse was concerned and called the doctor to come down to see me. My appointment that usually lasts around 45 minutes took around 2 1/2 hours. So I learned a lesson today... if you are diagnosed with preeclampsia, don't get your eye brows waxed! ;o)

37 weeks today. Baby is no longer considered a 'preemie' but rather officially FULL TERM. Praising God for that. Monday is the big day... Prayers are always appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Kayla, Everyone on this end sends all their prayers and love. ED

    ReplyDelete